Teeth Whitening at Bellevue Family Dentistry in Green Bay, WI
If you want to get the best results, professional teeth whitening is an ideal choice. We offer professional take-home whitening. In this treatment, you’ll come to our office to have a set reusable, custom-fitted whitening trays built for your teeth. Then we will provide you with a set of whitening products that are custom-tailored to your level of staining and desired level of whiteness. You’ll use them as directed with your whitening trays, in the comfort of your own home. After a few weeks, your smile will look brand-new and beautiful.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Teeth whitening is a simple process. Whitening products contain one of two tooth bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide). These bleaches break stains into smaller pieces, which makes the color less concentrated and your teeth brighter.
Does Whitening Work on All Teeth?
No, which is why it’s important to talk to your dentist before deciding to whiten your teeth, as whiteners may not correct all types of discoloration. For example, yellow teeth will probably bleach well, brown teeth may not respond as well and teeth with gray tones may not bleach at all. Whitening will not work on caps, veneers, crowns or fillings. It also won’t be effective if your tooth discoloration is caused by medications or a tooth injury.
Custom made trays must be manufactured in order to ensure the whitening solution are properly distributed. Without these, a lot of the solution could be wasted or put onto areas of the mouth that may be damaged.
There are several steps to obtaining and using in-home teeth whitening kit:
- Impressions would first be taken of both your upper and lower teeth.
- Custom trays would be made for the patient to wear. This part of the process takes around one to two weeks from start to finish.
- The initial shade of your teeth would be recorded in your dental chart for comparison when the whitening is completed.
- When the trays are ready, an appointment would be set to show you how to properly dispense and apply the solution and other instructions needed to obtain the optimal results.
- Before starting the at-home procedure, you would need to brush, floss, and rinse completely.
- The procedure itself is typically performed an hour per day for two weeks. You would need to avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while wearing the trays and continue to do the same for 30 minutes after.
- The additional whitening solution can be used for touch-ups if needed.